Hotel / Resort Management A.A.S. (HRE)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
The Hotel and Resort Management Associate Degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
This career program is designed to provide students with the skills demanded by a management position in the hotel, lodging, and resort divisions of the hospitality industry.
Typical jobs for which graduates are expected to be qualified include guest services, assistant manager, reservations, housekeeping supervisor, sales assistant, server, facilities supervisor, event planner, bar and beverage manager, purchasing manager, and a variety of other positions associated with front- and back-of-thehouse operations. Qualified graduates are hired by hotels, resorts, gaming facilities, event planning operations, clubs, contract services organizations, assisted living facilities, and other institutional service organizations.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of front and back operational procedures in hospitality management.
- recognize the importance of the hospitality industry in the global marketplace, identifying historical developments and future trends.
- identify accounting and financial reporting processes used in hospitality organizations.
- demonstrate creativity and sound thinking in property management, problem solving, marketing, and customer service.
- identify laws and regulations and the function of regulatory agencies that impact hospitality organizations.
- apply hospitality management principles in a practicum setting.
- identify sound planning and execution in special events and catered functions.