How to Become a Student
Whether you’re a new student, returning to your LCCC education, or transferring in from another institution, our step-by-step guides will help you complete your registration.
Steps to Registration
Register as a new student if …
- You’re a first-time applicant to LCCC
- You’re a current high school student and are graduating this year
- You’ve previously completed LCCC Dual Enrollment/High School courses
- You’ve previously enrolled in noncredit courses and want to enroll in a credit program
Register as a returning student if …
- You’ve previously attended LCCC but not in the past 12 months
Register as an international student if …
- You’re applying to LCCC as a non-United States citizen living outside of the U.S.
Register as a guest or visiting student if …
- You’re pursuing a degree at another college or university and intend to transfer credits back to your home institution
- You wish to take a course for personal enrichment or to learn a new skill
- You do not plan to complete an associate’s degree, certificate, or specialized credit diploma at LCCC
Register as a transfer student if …
- You have been or are currently enrolled in a postsecondary education program (college, university, or other community college) regardless of completion/graduation
Register as a veteran/military student if …
- You are a United States military veteran, active duty, reservist, or eligible dependent
- You plan on using your VA educational benefits
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about the admissions process? We’ve got answers to some of your most common questions.
It’s never too early or too late to apply to LCCC. Although there are no deadlines for applying, you will need to leave plenty of time for required placement testing and to apply for financial aid. Whether you are just starting your college search as a high school student or you’re an adult looking for a new career, LCCC has options for you. With more than 90 academic programs to choose from and faculty with proven professional experience, now is the time to begin your academic studies at LCCC!
If it’s been over a year since you last took a class at LCCC, you will need to reapply as a returning student.
No. Although many of our programs require students to complete their degrees at the main campus, students may start their coursework at any of the following campus locations:
The cost of tuition to attend Lehigh Carbon Community College varies by academic year. For the most current tuition and fees, please visit the Tuition & Fees page.
LCCC truly allows every student to start here and go anywhere! With more than 600 articulation agreements with 66 colleges and universities across Pennsylvania, the region, and the country, our students can transfer to four-year institutions without any worry. This allows students to take classes at LCCC with the security of knowing that the credits they earn will count at another school. Speak with your advisor to discuss transfer options to the school of your choice. To learn more about transferring to other colleges, visit the Articulation Agreement page.
Explore your options for paying for college through financial aid.
Attend an information session and learn more about becoming a student at LCCC.
LCCC offers services to help you thrive on campus and beyond.