Chemical Technology A.A.S. (CHT)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
This program prepares students to work with chemicals and chemical instrumentation safely and effectively. Graduates are qualified to enter the chemical industry as chemical laboratory technicians. With experience, supervisory positions in the chemical industry may be assumed.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of chemical principles and concepts.
- show proficiency in the practice and theory of modern scientific instrumentation.
- demonstrate facility with direct acquisition of data to computers and computerized instrumentation.
- demonstrate literacy in data manipulation and analysis using computerized spreadsheets and graphing programs.
- show the ability to work in a typical chemistry lab while following appropriate safety procedures and laws.
- show the ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a wide variety of projects.
- demonstrate the ability to apply results of previous research to new experimental applications.
- demonstrate the ability to communicate results both orally and through written reports in an effective and efficient manner.
- apply statistics to analyze the credibility of scientific results.
- apply all steps of the scientific method to research, design, perform, and report on a solution to a scientific problem.