Fine Arts / Studio Arts A.A. (ARTA)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
Students in this program will combine classroom study at Lehigh Carbon Community College with studio experiences at the LCCC Schnecksville campus and the Baum School of Art, Allentown. While some students may pursue the program of study for personal enrichment rather than transfer, the degree is designed for students preparing to enter a program leading to a baccalaureate degree at a four-year college or university.
Because the requirements of four-year colleges or universities vary widely, students should choose an intended transfer college as soon as possible and work with their advisor to follow the program described in that college’s catalog. All students will be expected to prepare a portfolio for transfer or employment applications.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate visual communication skills using the basic elements of line, shape, value, texture, color and space.
- use the principles of design and color theory.
- utilize technology as it applies to the arts.
- analyze and render two-dimensional forms via line, value and perspective.
- analyze and construct forms in three dimensions.
- recognize painting, sculpture, and architecture with consideration of the aesthetic, historical, and technical significance of artistic achievements.
- apply critical analysis to visual images and objects.
Students should consult the catalog of the four-year college or university to which he or she plans to transfer to ensure that degree requirements are being properly met.Transfer information for this program is on file in the Transfer Center. For more information, contact an academic advisor or counselor.
Please Note: This program contains art courses that may require the purchase of additional supplies. Please visit the LCCC and Baum School of Art Supply List page for detailed information.
Please Visit the Baum School of Art website.