PT Literacy Student Success Coach
PT Evening Hours-12 Hours/Week
The Success Coach works in a proactive manner, reaching out to conduct conversations with students in the literacy program
who are taking ESL and GED classes to assess goals, progress, and strategies needed to enhance their success. The Student
Success Coach assists the student in identifying next step strategies, The Coach, carefully and continuously, assesses each
student’s needs and monitors their progress. The Coach actively engages the student in their success planning, enlists
assistance, follows-up to learn the outcomes of all referrals, and continues working with the student in this manner to support
degree completion and preparation for achieving their career/ transfer goals. This position is located at the Allentown campus of
LCCC and to the Assistant Director of Literacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists literacy students with barriers to attending class
• Assists literacy students with transitioning from the literacy program to a postsecondary, job training, or
• Compiles community resources to help students with various transferrable skills
• Conducts new student orientation
• Intakes new students into the literacy program
• Conducts pre testing and progress testing for literacy students
• Participates in all literacy professional development
• Performs duties that are unique to specific department or college
*Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
*Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI
*Experience with working with ESL populations.
*Experience with assisting people in finding community resources
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
*Ability to be a productive team member in a dynamic environment.
*Outgoing, engaging interpersonal skills.
*Must have excellent communication and organizational skills, understanding of academic processes,
ability to learn and use administrative software, and ability to interact positively and pro-actively with
*Individual should be creative and resourceful, with the ability to establish collaborative relationships.
*Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation; initiative,
motivation, self-direction, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Allison Ludlow, Program Director Literacy Department, at email@example.com