Adjunct Instructor – HVACR
Date Position is Open
Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology
This position will involve teaching a wide range of HVACR courses in the areas of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration. The position will also provide training and student support resulting in graduates who meet entry-level employment criteria for positions in the HVAC/R field. The position is part of the School of Manufacturing, Trades, and Transportation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Keeps and submits appropriate academic records – grades, attendance, certifications.
- Maintains instructional effectiveness by ongoing self-evaluation and incorporating current developments in instructional and learning strategies.
- Teaches courses in accordance with the master course outline and within the schedule of classes.
- Deliver program curriculum by creating and following weekly lesson plans.
- Assists the college in keeping technology, facilities, and equipment current.
- In addition to college-sponsored development activities, maintains professional development and stays current in his/her field of study.
- Works with counselors, advisors, and other college staff in responding to student needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Stay current on industry, market, and competitive trends.
- Morning and evening classes.
- Monday through Thursday.
- Fall Semester (14 weeks) – August to December
- Spring Semester (14 Weeks) – January to May
Work/Teaching Experience Preferred
- Five plus years of HVACR experience
- Appropriate Trade Certification(s) – OSHA, EPA, Electrical, HVACR related, etc.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification required.
- Experience using email, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Familiarity with mission of comprehensive community college.
- Teaching/training experience in higher education or at the developmental level
- Curriculum/training development.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or classroom experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial copies of your transcripts to email@example.com.