Educational Support Services Professional Tutor
Date Position is Open
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
PT (up to 28 hours/week)
$10.00/hour (2-year degree)
$15.00/hour (4 year degree or higher)
We are recruiting for multiple positions and locations.
Tutors provide direct academic support services to Lehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC) students enrolled in courses for which the Tutoring Program offers assistance. They strive to meet students’ specific needs in coursework, to build students’ confidence, and to help students develop strategies for academic success, while offering them the tools to become independent lifelong learners. Tutors participate in College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) certified training. They collaborate with learning specialists within the Educational Support Services (ESS) Department. Preliminary applications for the tutor pool are accepted on a rolling basis and typically reviewed prior to the fall and spring semesters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish a working relationship with students and Educational Support Services personnel.
- Complete the required CRLA (College Relations & Learning Association) Level One training and other professional development modules.
- Become familiar with texts, syllabi, and pertinent course assignments.
- Maintain for each pay period up-to-date and accurate Student Record and Program Sheets.
- Submit all completed paperwork according to the payroll schedule provided.
- Abide by the Tutor Agreement.
- Complete online training modules as per the Department of Human Resources.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Must hold a valid degree in the pertinent discipline. (An applicant wishing to tutor in math, but not possessing a degree in mathematics, may be required to pass a qualifying test).
- Must possess adequate knowledge of both MLA and APA citation formats (writing tutors).
- Must communicate clearly in written and verbal format.
- Must possess a working knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work with students of diverse academic skills and cultural backgrounds.
- Effective May 1, 2015, all new employees must provide copies of their background clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, and Act 114 FBI Fingerprint for the PA Dept of Human Services) when hired.
Please complete this Preliminary Tutor Application.