Skip to content
Lehigh Carbon Community College

Can I retake classes to improve my GPA?

You may repeat a course and receive VA payment for it if you received an “F” or “W” grade on the original attempt. EXCEPTION: When a class is required for a major and must be passed with a certain grade level to progress, VA will pay for the repea

I think I’m failing one or more classes. What should I do?

Contact the SCO in registration to weigh out all of your options.

What must I do at the start of every semester?

It’s best to meet with an academic advisor but you must notify the Certifying Official in the Registration office of your intent to use your Montgomery GI benefit. Each semester you must also sign the appropriate form (Veterans Office Certification Information), letting the School Certifying Official  know that you are intending to use benefits. The form can be scanned and emailed, dropped off in person, or mailed through the US postal service to the Registration Office/Veterans SCO in Schnecksville.

As a veteran or military student at LCCC, you will have access to the Veteran Portal which includes information about military benefits, important links to various resources, preferential course scheduling dates, events and programs on campus and in the community, and up-to-date information on military affairs on a local and national level. Our dedicated team of professionals provide direction and support to military and veteran students as you navigate the educational experience.

Whom should I contact about questions or concerns about specific payments made to me by the VA?

For matters dealing with specific payments or bank accounts, the student needs to contact the VA directly through their VA Education Benefits phone number, 1-888-442-4551.

Why haven’t I received my stipend check(s) yet?

Have you properly established your benefit? If you are not sure and have not received a Certificate of Eligibility from VA, you can contact the VA Education Line, 1-888-4551 or the SCO in the Registration Office.

Has enough time passed since the Office of Veterans Affairs certified your enrollment? Two to eight weeks is the typical timeframe. Longer processing times occur at the beginning of semesters because of increased workloads.

How does the post-9/11 GI Bill® housing stipend work?

The housing stipend, also known as the monthly housing allowance (MHA), is based on the DoD’s cost of living assessment by the zip code of the campus you are taking your classes at with LCCC.MHA payments typically arrive on the first of the month but pay for the previous month. MHA payments are also prorated if a student was not in school for the entire month in question.

Will my VA education benefits pay for every class I want to take?

No. Only classes that will fulfill a requirement for your degree program can be reported to the VA for the purpose of determining your rate of pursuit.

How do I receive my benefits via direct deposit?

Direct deposit authorizations can be initiated at the time of application. To update, change or add direct deposit information call: 1-877-838-2778.

What is Tuition Assistance?

Tuition Assistance is administered by the services. Contact your unit or base education office for procedures to establish the benefit, and information on current payment rates and rules. When you receive a Tuition Assistance Authorization form, please forward the email to either the SCO or the bursar at LCCC.

What if I would like to provide feedback or file a student complaint?

Students can submit a complaint if they believe their school is failing to follow the Principles of Excellence. Examples of education-related issues may include, but are not limited to, misrepresentation or deceptive actions with regards to private or institutional loans, high-pressure recruitment tactics, false representations about degree programs, and misleading statements regarding accreditation.

Military-connected students using Tuition Assistance (TA) or Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Scholarships can submit feedback here. Similarly, feedback by GI Bill recipients can be submitted at and feedback by federal financial aid recipients can be sent to