Get an early start with Early College
Earn your associate degree and high school diploma at the same time with LCCC’s Early College program.
High-achieving and motivated high school students who want the challenge of college-level coursework can take their junior- and senior-year classes with LCCC.
- Enjoy a full college experience at LCCC, including access to student services like the library, advising and tutoring
- Pursue your career interests early, giving you a head start on your academic path
- Earn college credits that may transfer to four-year colleges and universities
Early College FAQs
What degree do I get when I complete the program?
You will earn a General Studies associate of arts degree from Lehigh Carbon Community College. This degree is a balanced program of humanities, mathematics, science and social science courses, allowing students to explore their academic interests and still meet the requirements for their high school diploma.
What are the program requirements?
Does my high school participate?
- You must start the Early College program at the beginning of your junior year of high school - that allows two full academic years to complete all the required coursework.
- You are required to either take a placement test with LCCC or submit your SAT scores.
- Apply to LCCC - Be sure to complete application for “Dual Enrollment High School Students.”
Early College is available for students from these schools:
- Lehigh County: Allentown, Catasauqua, East Penn, Northern Lehigh, Northwestern Lehigh, Parkland, Salisbury, Southern Lehigh, Whitehall Coplay
- Carbon County: Jim Thorpe, Lehighton, Palmerton, Panther Valley, Weatherly
- Schuylkill County: Blue Mountain, Mahanoy, North Schuylkill, Shenandoah Valley, Tamaqua, Tri-Valley, Williams Valley
For more information about participation, contact your high school guidance counselor.
How much does it cost?
Early College courses are $55 per credit. Scholarships are also available for eligible students - download the scholarship application here
The Lisa Jane Scheller Technology Scholarship covers tuition for qualified students from any Lehigh County school district or Tamaqua Area School District.
To learn more, contact your high school guidance counselor or LCCC’s program coordinator, Jennifer Aquila, at 610-799-1120 or email@example.com