Honors Scholars Program and Application
For LCCC students who would like to concentrate more seriously on academics, who are intellectually curious and highly motivated, the Honors Scholars program provides an academic focus that creates a strong foundation for further learning. Honors coursework challenges students to expand their intellectual, cultural and social horizons, and to become lifelong learners. The program is ideal for students who are willing to challenge their views, discuss their ideas and explore diverse perspectives.
The Honors Scholars program welcomes a limited number of qualified, full-time, first-year students who plan to graduate from LCCC and transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Full Scholarship*
- Rigorous course work
- Small class size
- Preparation for transfer to selective colleges
- Social and cultural activities
Course information for the Honors Scholars Program
Students have the option of applying to one of two tracks - Liberal Arts or Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM). Students accepted into one of the program tracks complete a minimum of 24 honors credits, which includes a few cohort classes that the group takes together. Other coursework is based on students' majors and transfer schools. Honors courses are selected to ensure that students will graduate on time. Please note: required Honors Scholars cohort courses for the Liberal Arts track include ENG 111 - Speech and PHI 201 - Introduction to Philosophy.
Eligibility for the Honors Scholars Program
To be considered for the program you must meet one of the following entrance criteria:
- Successful completion of AP course(s), LCCC Dual Enrollment course(s) or high school honors course(s); with a grade of A or B.
- Membership in the National Honor Society;
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher;
- A combined score of 1200 on your SAT test (Evidence Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) and Math); or
- Standing in the top 10% of your class.
Students applying to the STEM Track must place into MAT 150 ,160, or higher.
Students who meet one of the above criteria and plan to enroll full-time at LCCC for two years before transferring are encouraged to apply.
For interested candidates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-799-1019 to receive materials to apply.
For more information on our Honors Scholars Program, call Admissions at 610-799-1575, or send an
e-mail to: email@example.com.
* The Honors scholarship will cover tuition and fees after all Federal Pell grants and institutional tuition only scholarships are applied. The scholarship is for sponsored tuition costs. Accepted students from nonsponsoring school districts are responsible for tuition differences. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be eligible for the scholarship each semester.