The College Honors Program is open to all LCCC students who maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA. The program requires that students complete five or more honors level courses with a grade of B- or better to graduate with the distinction of College Honors. Students may take honors sections or complete honors projects for their five courses.
Honors coursework challenges students to expand their intellectual, cultural, and social horizons, and to become life-long learners. LCCC offers a variety of honors courses each semester, recent offerings include:
- BIO 101 Introduction to Biology
- BIO 110 and BIO 111 General Biology I & II
- BIO 163 Anatomy and Physiology I
- CMN 105 Interpersonal Communication
- ECO 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 202 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO/PSC 237 International Relations
- ENG 201 World Literature I
- ENG 205 American Literature I
- HIS 222 Russia and the World
- MAT 150 Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- PHI 210 Comparative Religion
- SOC 253 Diversity and Inequality
View the Honors Courses page for a list of honors courses that are currently being offered.
Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss your options and to select the best honors courses for your major and goals.
To join the College Honors Program students must complete a Letter of Intent form prior to their last semester at LCCC. Completed forms should be turned in to the Honors Administrator in the Academic Services Office (SSC 110) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.