Education A.A. (EDUA)
What is an Associate Degree in Education?
This program provides a foundation for continued study toward a bachelor’s degree in education and is intended for preparation to teach grades four and above. The wide range of electives permits students to select courses that will fulfill requirements of four-year colleges. Students who transfer will work toward teacher certification for employment in middle or secondary school settings.
Students should consult an advisor regularly to ensure transferability of coursework to a bachelor’s program.
In this program, you’ll take classes like:
- Foundations of Education
- Introduction to Special Education
- Fundamentals of Mathematics
- General Education toward Bachelor’s program
Please note that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program Additional admission information and requirements are as follows:
- High school diploma or GED and successful completion of appropriate high school or post-secondary courses
- Submission of official transcripts of all previous education
- Acceptable scores on LCCC skills assessment
- To participate in the required observation/fieldwork experiences, you are responsible for collecting and submitting the following clearances: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI clearance including fingerprinting, NSOR verification, and physical examination (with appropriate form completion) and TB screening test
- A “record” status or failure to meet state or facility standards will prevent you from completion of required fieldwork experiences
- Special program costs include clearances, health examinations and testing, books, supplies, and transportation to teacher education agencies
Bachelor’s Transfer Schools
Students who graduate with specific associate degrees to transfer as juniors into a bachelor’s degree program in a similar field of study at a participating four-year college. Learn more about transferring to a four-year school.
Teacher certification in Education requires completion of a certified Bachelor’s program. Your A.A. in Education prepares you to transfer to many four-year college. LCCC has special transfer agreements for the Education program at: