Human Resource Management A.A.S. (HMN)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
The Human Resource Management Associate Degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
This program allows students to specialize in personnel and human resource topics. The skills and knowledge provided enhance the ability to effectively attain and
maintain an organization’s most valuable resource—people. Graduates will be qualified to obtain entry-level human resource management positions, such as benefits
coordinator, personnel records supervisor, training and development coordinator, and recruitment specialist.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• describe the business enterprise concept, including ethical considerations.
• demonstrate effective written communication.
• apply critical thinking, team building, and problem solving skills.
• apply legal principles, particularly rules of contracts, to all business activities.
• describe business procedures for compliance with various human resource regulations and the law.
• describe supervisory skills and standards for human resource management procedures.
• analyze issues involved in organizational recruitment, training, and development.