Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) Technology Certificate (HACC)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
Provides students with an in-depth study of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration servicing, as well as plant maintenance of electrical and mechanical control systems.
All courses in the certificate program can be applied to the HVACR A.A.S. degree program.
Employment opportunities include installation and service technician for all facets of HVACR equipment, HVACR counter and outside salespersons, and factory service
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• join copper using soft and hard soldering techniques. read and draw schematic wiring diagrams.
• evaluate blueprints for residential buildings.
• identify and list the components and their function for the basic refrigeration cycle.
• identify refrigerants by measuring temperature and pressures.
• pass EPA certifications for refrigerant recovery and use.
• install and service typical residential and light commercial HVACR equipment.
• follow the NEC to install residential and light commercial wiring as it relates to the HVACR industry.
• install and service natural and LP gas equipment.
• install and service air-to-air heat pumps.
• practice positive customer relations.