Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology A.A.S.
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
This program is designed to prepare students for technical positions in the electrical and electronics, computer control systems, industrial automation, and manufacturing industries. Students will develop the skills to analyze, design and implement electrical and computer systems. Graduates are expected to be qualified for jobs such as electrical and computer engineering technician, electronics technician, software engineering technician, systems and hardware development technician, assistant system designer and installer, industrial maintenance technician, quality control technician, technical writer, and sales representative.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• use current technologies to program in Python using structured and object-oriented techniques.
• connect digital circuits common to computers, such as logic gates, flip flops, counters, and arithmetic circuits, into functioning circuits.
• write assembly language programs to control the operation of the microprocessor.
• construct and experimentally verify the operation of standard electronic circuits, such as power supplies, amplifiers, and oscillators.
• set up a programmable logic controller to control manufacturing operations.
• write technical reports and develop charts, graphs, and schematics that describe the operating characteristics of electrical circuits.
• participate cooperatively within a team.