We appreciate your interest in employing Lehigh Carbon Community College students and alumni. We offer several methods of connecting you with our students and graduates. We look forward to working with you to enhance your recruitment efforts.
Recruiting Guidelines and Policies
NACE Principles for Professional Practice: The Lehigh Carbon Community College Career Development Center is a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). We are committed to maintaining the standards of this professional organization. All approved employers/organizations will be expected to adhere to the principles of college recruiting as outlined in the NACE Principles for Ethical Professional Practice.
Employment/Internship/Volunteer Opportunities will only be accepted via the LCCC Cougar CLAW (Connecting LCCC And the Workplace). Employers are invited to register and post employment/internship/volunteer opportunities on the LCCC Cougar CLAW at no charge. A limited number of job opportunities will be posted on a bulletin board but they must also be posted electronically. Flyers and advertisements that are sent via the USPS or email will not be displayed unless the company/organization is registered on the CLAW and the opportunity has been posted there first. Please note, due to the high volume of postings received, the LCCC Career Development Center is not able to create, maintain, or edit postings for employers/organizations.
Approval for Employer Registration on the LCCC Cougar CLAW
Employer Accounts will NOT BE APPROVED if:
- Legitimacy of the company/organization cannot be verified through an internet search. Private homes will not be accepted as employers.
- No specific contact name is provided (for example, just listing Human Resources)
- No contact phone number is provided.
- Contact email is from a personal account (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) instead of a company domain.
We make every effort to contact employers/organizations in an attempt to verify information before denying the pending registration.
Approval for Employment/Internship/Volunteer postings on the LCCC Cougar CLAW
Once registration has been approved, employers/organizations are able to post employment, internship and volunteer opportunities at any time. All postings are screened before students/alumni are able to view them.
Employment/Internship/Volunteer Postings will NOT BE APPROVED if:
- Position requires candidates to work in a private residence.
- Position requires candidates to recruit students or other members and/or sub-distributors.
- Position involves the candidate acting as a ‘student ambassador’ or ‘campus representative’ to solicit, sell, promote and/or give away products or services on campus.
- Position requires funding/money for supplies and/or training and does not clearly state the financial obligation.
- Position requires candidates to spend money and then receive reimbursement.
- The company profile has changed significantly since initial approval of registration.
Employers/organizations not intending to provide compensation for an internship should review the Fair Labor Standards Act. Positions which appear to violate these standards will not be approved.
Employers/organizations posting positions or recruiting on campus will be expected to maintain EEO compliance. Employers/organizations should consider all interested candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Register for a free account on the LCCC Cougar CLAW
Step 1. To register for the FIRST time: Create an employer/representative account or login in the CLAW.
Once you have entered the site, you may update your registration, post jobs, search résumés and register for LCCC Job Fairs and other events.
Job postings are also emailed to appropriate students and faculty members.
On Campus Recruiting
Employers are welcomed to contact us to reserve a table to recruit and/or interview students on campus. Please call us at 610-799-1090.
Please visit the “Upcoming Career Development Center Events” page for information regarding upcoming job fairs and other events.