Skip to content
Lehigh Carbon Community College

Important Deadline Reminders

December 2023 – 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available for completion

May 1 – Priority Filing Deadline for FAFSA

December 1 – Priority Filing Deadline for FAFSA (Spring Only Students) 

LCCC’s college code is 006810

Completing Your FAFSA with LCCC

Millions of students around the country receive financial aid every year from the U.S. Department of Education. To see if you qualify for financial aid, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid, also known as a FAFSA. 

You must complete a FAFSA online through the Federal Student Aid web page. If you need help completing the form, our Office of Financial Aid is happy to assist you. 

When and Where Can I Get FAFSA Support?

We offer a few different options to help you file a FAFSA. 

  • Main Campus – Drop-in hours are available Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday noon to 4:30 p.m. 
  • Morgan Center, Allentown – Schedule an appointment Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 
  • Donley Center, Tamaqua – FAFSA Completion workshops are available Mondays 10 to 11 a.m. and Wednesday 1 to 2 p.m.  Please register online 

What Do I Need to Bring with Me?

To successfully complete your FAFSA, please bring the following: 

  • Your and your parents’ FSA ID 
  • We strongly recommend you create an FSA ID, which is a username and password combination that allows you to sign your FAFSA form electronically. Your FSA ID also can be used to sign loan contracts and to access certain information online. While you can get your FSA ID as you’re completing the FAFSA form, getting it ahead of time and using it to begin your FAFSA form cuts down on errors and delays. 
  •  Your Social Security number (it’s important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA form) 
  • Your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student 
  • Your driver’s license number (if you have one) 
  • Your Alien Registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen) 
  • Federal tax information or tax returns, including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married) and for your parents (if you are a dependent student)
  • IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ 
  • Foreign tax return, if applicable  
  • Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or Palau, if applicable  
  • Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans’ non-education benefits, for you and your parents (if you are a dependent student) 
  • Information on cash, savings and checking account balances, investments including stocks and bonds and real estate (but not including the home in which you live), and business and farm assets for you and your parents (if you are a dependent student)

You must bring all the necessary information listed above, or you will not be able to complete your application.

FAQs about Financial Aid and Resources 

How many credits must I take to be eligible for financial aid?

Most financial aid programs require at least half-time attendance (enrolled for 6-11 credits per semester). Some funding requires full-time attendance (12 credits or more). Some limited federal funding is available to students who are enrolled less than half time (fewer than 6 credits) and are also eligible for a Pell Grant. Students enrolled less than half time (fewer than 6 credits) during any semester will not be eligible for a student loan. 

Am I eligible for financial aid?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will determine what aid you may be eligible to receive. Financial aid is available to citizens or eligible non-citizens who are matriculated students and are considered to be degree seeking. You must be able to prove that you have completed high school or passed the GED exam to be considered. If in doubt, it is best to apply and find out what you may be eligible to receive. 

How do I file the FAFSA?

A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed and submitted to the federal government as soon after January 1 as possible. You must file the FAFSA via the Federal Student Aid web page. The application will determine your eligibility for federal and state aid. The application does take four to six weeks to process, so complete the application as soon as possible. Remember to list Lehigh Carbon Community College on your FAFSA so that your information is sent to our Office of Financial Aid. The school code for LCCC is 006810. Visit our forms page for more information.  

What is the deadline for filing?

  • May 1 for the upcoming academic year (fall and spring) 
  • December 1 for the spring (January) semester only 
  • March 1 for the summer session 

What will financial aid cover?

Financial aid is offered to cover the costs of tuition, fees, books, and other expenses related to education, such as transportation. If the financial aid applied to your invoice is more than the costs for your tuition and fees, you may be offered bookstore credit to be used in the college bookstore at the beginning of each semester. Any excess funds remaining on your account after the completion of the drop period will be refunded to you for that term. 

What does “satisfactory academic progress” mean?

Satisfactory academic progress refers to a requirement by federal regulation which states that a student must be making progress toward completion of their degree requirements. This progress is measured both in terms of the cumulative grade point average (GPA) and the number of credits completed toward the degree during each period of attendance at the college. Progress requirements are applied to all students who are presently receiving financial aid, regardless of whether they have received aid in prior semesters. 
In general, the GPA may not drop below a 2.00 and aid cannot be extended once the students attendance exceeds the equivalent of six full-time semesters for a two-year associate degree. Academic progress is greatly impacted by a students failure to complete a course or by their withdrawal from the course. You can find more information on the academic progress policy here 

What financial aid is available?

  • Pell Grant: Federal grant awarded on the basis of need. This does not need to be repaid. 
  • Pennsylvania State Grant: Grant awarded to Pennsylvania residents on the basis of need and the cost of the institution the student is attending. This does not need to be repaid. 
  • Miscellaneous Grant: Funds received from an outside source. These grants will be applied to the student’s account as dictated by the awarding organization. 
  • Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): A federal grant awarded to Pell recipients as funding is available. This does not need to be repaid.  
  • Direct Loan Program: Federally funded loans that enable a student to borrow money at a low interest rate to cover educational expenses. 
  • Direct Plus Loans: Federal loan that enables a parent to borrow money toward the cost of a child’s education. 
  • Work Study: Allows students to work on campus and collect payment for the hours they have worked. Wages are paid directly to the student. 

Why was my financial aid reduced?

Financial aid may be reduced or canceled if: 

  • You were awarded up to the cost of attendance and are subsequently awarded a state grant. The state grant will be applied to your account, leaving you less to repay on your student loan.  
  • You drop a class, but some class enrollment remains during the first three weeks of the semester. The Office of Financial Aid is required by law to reduce your financial aid based on the number of credits in the remaining classes. This means you may owe money to the college. 
  • You completed a total withdrawal at any point during the semester. Your aid is prorated based on the amount of time you spent in class. After the financial aid is prorated, you may owe money to the college. 
  • Your instructors reported that you stopped attending classes before the official end of the semester. Your aid is prorated to that last date of attendance and your financial aid is adjusted. After the financial aid is adjusted, you may owe money to the college. 

Contact Us

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 610-799-1133 or 


LCCC offers more than 90 programs to help you earn your degree or start a new career.

Academic Advising

Meet with an advisor to help you plan your academic career at LCCC.

Academic Calendar

Stay informed about upcoming important dates and deadlines.