Employment Retraining Opportunity
LCCC offers employment retraining opportunities for those who have recently been affected by the economy. Applicants must have been laid off within the last 12 months.
Sessions will be held at the main campus in Schnecksville, PA in the Alumni Center, room 107/108. You must bring photo ID, your completed ERO application, and your employer letter to submit for consideration. Also, if you have completed your FAFSA please bring your confirmation page.
Register for an information session:
Eligible applicants may start classes in the spring semester beginning on January 12, 2018. For more information, please contact the Admissions Department at 610-799-1575.
ERO Program Guidelines
The ERO program offers eligible candidates the opportunity to take up to four classes (12 credits) tuition free during one semester providing to a “jumpstart” on their education. To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must have been laid off, permanently or indefinitely, from a full time position within 12 months prior to the term start date.
- Applicant must be a resident of Lehigh, Carbon or Schuylkill counties OR must have been laid off permanently or indefinitely from a full time position by a Lehigh, Carbon or Schuylkill county employer.
- Applicant must be a new or returning student (attended LCCC previously but not in the past 12 months or more) to LCCC.
- To apply, applicants must complete the LCCC application for Employment Retraining Opportunity, and provide a letter from the former employer, on company stationery (original, not copy) stating lay off date and verifying that the full time position held by the applicant was eliminated through no fault of the applicant, but due to current economic conditions. Employer letter should accompany the ERO application when submitted.
- Applicant must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available at fafsa.ed.gov (LCCC school code: 006810) and provide proof that it was filed by providing a copy of the confirmation page. ERO applications will not be considered until the FAFSA requirement is met. Approved applicants will receive funding for the remaining costs of tuition after state and federal financial aid program eligibility is determined and applied to the student’s account. Payment for all college fees, textbooks, and supplies remain the responsibility of the student.
- Approved ERO applicants may register for up to four courses during one semester. Tuition waiver can be used one-time only, cannot be carried over to another semester and cannot be used for courses where the college has partnered with outside educational providers.
- Students who become employed full time prior to the start of classes are no longer eligible for ERO funding. ERO approved students must notify Office of Registration/Student Records immediately if they should become employed prior to the start of the ERO semester.
Note: ERO funding cannot be used for course(s) where the college has partnered with outside education providers.