ESL - English as a Second Language
English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
LCCC strives to meet the needs of English language learners in our community by offering both credit and non-credit ESL courses. Each program is designed to help you develop English language skills to prepare you for life, college, and career goals.
Credit ESL Program
- College level ESL courses every semester (intermediate to advanced)
- Prepares students for college and career
- Daytime or evening schedules at main campus and Allentown
- Credit ESL testing schedule
Noncredit ESL Program
- Beginner to intermediate level classes every 8 weeks
- Prepares students for employment, citizenship, and credit ESL courses
- Daytime or evening classes in Allentown
- Noncredit ESL Testing Schedule
The mission of the ESL Program embodies the LCCC college vision to promote academic excellence, student achievement, and support of diverse populations based on student-centered values by delivering high quality academic English courses and holistic support to non-native speakers. Students in the ESL program bring a diverse and global perspective to the campus experience while achieving academic and career goals.