Health Science A.S. (HSCS)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
The Associate in Science Health Science degree is a comprehensive yet flexible transfer program designed to provide students with foundational courses in social and health sciences as well as a variety of general
education electives for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. The baccalaureate programs to which students may transfer include nursing, health science, nutrition, pharmaceutical marketing, health information management, public and community health and health services administration.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• develop an understanding of various career options in healthcare.
• demonstrate comprehension of human and biological systems.
• understand the laws and principles of science and apply them to the solution of problems.
• acquire knowledge of the theories of human behavior as they relate to psycho-social development.
• develop critical thinking and analytical skills through study of social sciences and humanities.
• have an academic background sufficient to transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a bachelor of science degree.
Students should check with four-year college or university for the most appropriate transfer courses.