Computer Specialist - Network Technology A.A.S. (CST)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
This program prepares students who are new to the industry or upgrading an existing skill set for jobs in the networking, telecommunications and cyber security fields. Graduates are eligible to take appropriate certification exams and can expect to work as entry-level engineers, administrators, or help desk technicians. The program has a problem-based learning approach that focuses on the needed skills of design, implementation, and troubleshooting to a variety of implementations and platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux and Cisco. Our hands-on philosophy starts with ensuring basic understanding from the hardware level up. Students have an opportunity to apply their skills in an internship. Students wishing to obtain certifications will gain a solid foundation in the material covered on the following exams:
- Comptia A+, Network+, Linux+ and Security+
- MCSA: Windows Server 2016
- Certified Cisco Administrator (CCNA)
- CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- troubleshoot personal computer hardware and software problems.
- install and administer Windows 2016 Servers.
- troubleshoot server issues.
- demonstrate and apply TCP/IP subnet masking.
- program and configure Cisco routers and switches.
- configure network connectivity in IPv4 and IPv6.
- analyze security needs and implement solutions.
- apply cyber defense methods to prepare a system to repel attacks.