Computer Specialist - Network Technology A.A.S. (CST)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
This program prepares students who are new to the industry or upgrading an existing skill set for jobs in the networking, telecommunications and cyber security fields.
Graduates are eligible to take appropriate certification exams and can expect to work as entry-level engineers, administrators, or help desk technicians. The program has a problem-based learning approach that focuses on the needed skills of design, implementation, and troubleshooting to a variety of implementations and platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux and Cisco. Our hands-on philosophy starts with ensuring basic understanding from the hardware level up. Students wishing to obtain certifications will gain a solid foundation in the material covered on the following exams:
• Comptia A+, Network+, Linux+ and Security+
• Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104)
• Microsoft Managing Modern Desktops (MD-101)
• Cisco Certified Network Association (CCNA)
• CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• troubleshoot and fix personal computer hardware and software problems.
• deploy, configure and maintain physical and cloud network deployments.
• describe TCP/IP subnet masking and demonstrate its application.
• determine, design and implement network solutions for a given situation.
• configure enterprise-level network devices such as routers, switches and wireless network antenna.
• manage user accounts for access and to maintain a secure network environment.
• evaluate security vulnerabilities and implement appropriate solutions.
• create a strategy to enter the workplace.