Computer Science A.S. (CISS)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
This program is intended for students who wish to transfer to a four-year college or university for a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Science. This program is compliant with the Pennsylvania statewide program-to-program articulation agreement which ensures that students who complete the requirements as stated below will have their coursework and credits transfer into a parallel baccalaureate program at participating institutions with full junior standing and without the need for course-by-course equivalency.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• transfer to a 4-year college or university for further study.
• apply information literacy skills and use technical vocabulary to communicate effectively.
• demonstrate problem-solving techniques, algorithmic design, and critical thinking.
• use current technologies to program in C++ using structured and object-oriented techniques.
• apply quantitative reasoning to demonstrate college-level mathematical competence.
• participate cooperatively within a team.
Students should consult the catalog of the four-year college or university to which he or she plans to transfer to ensure that degree requirements are being properly met.Transfer information for this program is on file in the Transfer Center. For more information, contact an academic advisor or counselor.