Computer Information Systems A.S. (CSIS)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
This program is intended for students who wish to transfer to a four-year college or university for a bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related degree. The CIS courses required in the program provide a solid educational foundation in current Information Technology areas. Students are encouraged to consult with an academic advisor, faculty advisor, or counselor when choosing elective courses.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- use technical vocabulary to communicate effectively about currently available hardware and software.
- develop application software and utilize workgroup software to solve business problems.
- analyze and design systems using Computer-Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
- use data modeling techniques to design databases.
- develop database applications.
- demonstrate college-level mathematical competence.
Students should consult the catalog of the four-year college or university to which he or she plans to transfer to ensure that degree requirements are being properly met. Transfer information for this program is on file in the Transfer Center. For more information, contact an academic advisor or counselor.