KEYS – Keystone Education Yields Success Program
“The KEYS program is doing incredibly important work around the commonwealth to help Pennsylvanians in low-income situations access post-secondary education and training in a way that addresses and helps overcome the unique challenges and barriers students face. This collaborative effort has a transformative impact on a person’s personal and economic trajectory, helping them truly achieve a better life” (Department of Human Services (DHS) Secretary Teresa Miller, 2019
What is KEYS?
KEYS is a PA Department of Human Services run program designed to help a specific group of students attend, succeed and complete community college. The primary goal of KEYS is to provide the services and support necessary to assist students in completing educational activities that lead to employment and self-sufficiency.
Who is Eligible for KEYS?
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients who wish to enroll or who are already enrolled in a Pennsylvania community college may be eligible for the KEYS program.
What Services Are Available?
At LCCC, a KEYS student facilitator is available to meet weekly with KEYS students and assist them with a variety of services such as:
- Course scheduling
- Career guidance
- Academic support
- Financial aid applications
- Connect students with supportive services available through the County Assistance Office (CAO) and at LCCC.
- Connect students with other community service agencies to allow them to maintain their participation.
KEYS students benefit from a variety of support services*
- Textbooks and school or training supplies (including laptop, graphing calculator, and mobile hotspot loans)
- Child care
- Clothing and uniforms for job or work study
- Equipment or tools needed for school or training
- Test fees
- Transportation (mileage payment for use of car, payment for public transportation, taxi fare)
- Car repair
- Car purchase
- Motor vehicle operator fees (driver’s license, license plates, vehicle registration and inspection, emission control fees)
*Benefits are issued by the County Assistance Office. These may be provided for approved education or training activities. Certain limitations may apply.
How Do I Enroll in KEYS?
If you are currently enrolled at LCCC and receiving TANF or SNAP, contact the KEYS facilitator, Diana Sweigert, at LCCC by calling 610-799-1744, or ask your CAO Caseworker about KEYS.
If you receive TANF or SNAP and are not currently attending LCCC and would like to learn more about KEYS, contact the LCCC KEYS administrator at 610-799-1744 , or talk to your caseworker at the CAO.
"*" indicates required fields