Tuition and fees are established by the Board of Trustees. Tuition and fees listed are subject to change without notice.
Tuition and certain fees are based on school district and Pennsylvania residency. The college is sponsored by the nine school districts in Lehigh County and four of the five school districts in Carbon County: Allentown, Catasauqua, East Penn, Northern Lehigh, Northwestern Lehigh, Parkland, Salisbury, Southern Lehigh, Whitehall-Coplay, Jim Thorpe, Lehighton, Palmerton, and Panther Valley.
As part of the application process, students provide the college with residency information. Each school district is responsible for determining whether students are residents of the district and whether to sponsor them resident tuition. Residency requirements vary among the sponsoring school districts. Students should be familiar with the residency requirements of their school district.
For information concerning residency requirements, contact the Business Office at 610-799-1157.
Tuition and Basic Fees
Tuition and fees are charged as follows: Students who register for 12 to 18 credits will be charged a block rate for tuition and fees. Students registering from 1 to 11.99 credits will be charged the per credit charge for tuition according to the chart below.
|Tuition - Winter 2018/Spring & Summer 2019
||Sponsoring district of LCCC
||Other PA resident
||Out-of-state or foreign student
||Residents of Schuylkill County
(12-18 credits per semester)
|Capital outlay fee
|Total Full-Time Tuition and Fees
(1-11 credits per semester) and credits in excess of 18 per semester
|$100 per credit
||$200 per Credit
||$300 per credit
||$150 per credit
|Capital outlay fee*
|Total Tuition and Fees Per Credit Hour
* Per credit fees
Other Fees (Non-Refundable)
|Bad Check Fee
|Cougar Payment Plan Fee
|Cougar Payment Plan Late Fee
|ID Replacement Fee
|Late Registration Fee
|Prior Learning Assessment Fee
|Proctored Test Fee
-Please note, additional course fees in varying amounts may apply to Art, Aviation, Nursing, PTA and other courses.
-Please refer to the Credit Catalog for a full list of course fees and other fees.
-Veterans/Military will only be charged sponsored rates.
Dual Enrollment Tuition
Dual Enrollment (sponsored school districts)
-Courses taught by sponsor instructor - $30 per credit
-Courses taught by college instructor - $55 per credit
Dual Enrollment (non-sponsored school districts)
-All courses - $96 per credit
Senior Citizen Tuition Policy
Students over the age of sixty years residing in the college-sponsor school districts are eligible for free tuition in a credit course on a space available basis as of the day the course begins. Senior citizen students will pay all course fees or costs such as laboratory fees and out-of-pocket course costs incurred and paid for by the college such as for third party services provided, including, but not limited to, truck driving certifications and courses offered by the Baum School of Art shall be paid for by the senior citizen student.
College Tuition Refund Policy
Students who withdraw from their class/es will have their tuition recalculated based upon liable credit hours, which are calculated according to when in the semester the withdrawal request process is completed. No refunds are made after 20% of the course has been completed. The date of official withdrawal is when the Office of Registration/Student Records has all the properly completed forms.
Full refunds of tuition and fees will be issued to students who have officially withdrawn through the Office of Registration/Student Records in writing before or during the first week of the semester.
Tuition Financial Obligation
Tuition is based upon liable credit hours. The refund period is equal to 1/15 of a scheduled class. The information below details the financial obligation of the student based on what refund period the class withdrawal occurs. For the actual refund period date ranges, please click on the link below:
- Before and during the first refund period of classes - 0% credit hour liability (no tuition is owed)
- Within the second refund period of classes - 50% credit hours liability (must pay 50% of tuition charges)
- Within the third refund period of classes - 75% credit hour liability (must pay 75% of tuition charges)
- After third week of regularly scheduled classes - 100% credit hour liability (must pay all tuition charges)
- Tuition liability amount and dates after the semester has begun (fall 2018 term):
- [0% 8/25 - 8/31] [50% 9/1 - 9/10] [75% 9/11 - 9/17]
Fee Refunds (Basic Fees, Upon Formal Withdrawal)
- Before and during the first week of fall 2018 classes (before 8/25/18 through 8/31/18) - fees are 100% refundable. However, students who submit a total withdrawal during the first week of classes will be assessed a $100 service fee.
- During the second week of fall 2018 classes, students are liable for 50% of charged fees.
- During the third week of fall 2018 classes, students are liable for 75% of charged fees.
- There will be no fee refunds for students who withdraw after the third week of classes.
Beginning August 25th, 2018, fall semester tuition will not be refunded to students who drop and still remain in the 12-18 credit block.
Tuition will be refunded to students who are taking less than 12 or more than 18 credits, based on the college's refund policies.
In the event the college must cancel a class for lack of sufficient enrollment, all tuition and fees are refunded.
In an effort to keep the tuition cost down, Lehigh Carbon Community College utilizes a standard collection process including any collection costs and/or attorney fees for unpaid indebtedness to the college.
In addition, student transcripts are withheld and the college will deny registration and readmission to students who:
- Are indebted to the college.
- Have failed to return books or equipment loaned to them.
Tuition Due Dates
- Winter 2018 and Spring 2019 semester tuition payment is due December 5th, 2018.
- Summer 2019 semester tuition payment is due April 3rd, 2019.
- Dual Enrollment tuition payment is due at the time of registration unless a special arrangement has been made with the school district.
For specific refund periods for classes that start other than the first week of the semester, or classes that are not the full semester in duration, contact the Office of Registration/Student Records at 610‑799-1171. Refund checks for dropped courses are issued after the refund period has ended.