Tuition & Financial Aid
Lehigh Carbon Community College administers various federal and state financial aid funds. Grants which do not require repayment, as well as loans and student employment programs are available through the Office of Financial Aid. Financial Aid may only be used for educational purposes and to pay the cost of attending Lehigh Carbon Community College.
Now is the time to apply for Financial Aid for the 2018-2019 academic year which covers classes starting in August 2018through August 2019. Beginning on October 1, 2017, students are able to fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the 2018-2019 school year. In addition, applicants will be able to retrieve their data directly from the IRS because the income information used will be from the 2016 tax year. Please file by Lehigh Carbon Community College’s recommended filing date of January 1, 2018 for attendance during the fall 2018 spring 2019and summer 2019 semesters.
Lehigh Carbon Community College’s federal code is 006810.
- Students and/or parents should use the IRS data retrieval process when completing the income and asset information on the FAFSA. The IRS data retrieval process allows anyone with a completed and filed federal income tax return for 2016 to have their income tax information automatically transferred to their FAFSA form.
How do I know if I am eligible for Financial Aid?
To be eligible for financial aid, the student must:
- Be enrolled as a matriculated student in an eligible program of study, i.e. seeking a degree/certificate
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Have a high school diploma, its equivalent, or GED which provides proof of high school completion
- Not be in default on any Title IV loan or owe repayment on any Title IV grant or loan
- Not exceed annual or aggregate loan limits in Title IV programs
- Agree to use any Title IV aid received solely for educational purposes
- Not be a prisoner in a state or federal facility
- Be registered with Selective Service if required to register
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Additional Resources for FAFSA
Net Price Calculator
Is there a filing deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?
- To receive priority awarding for the Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 semesters, the FAFSA should be completed between October 1, 2017 and January 1, 2018.
- If attending for Spring 2018 only, the FAFSA should be completed between October 1, 2017 and December 1, 2017.
- For attendance during the Summer 2019 semester, the FAFSA should be completed between October 1, 2017 and January 1, 2018.
What happens after I file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?
What is verification and why must I provide additional information?
Only after all requirements are met will a student be granted financial aid. Once awarded an email will be sent to the student directing them to myLCCC portal to view their award.