Scheller Family Foundation Scholarship
The Roberta and Ernest Scheller Jr. Family Foundation Scholarship is an endowed scholarship fund, established in 2009. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide aid to deserving Schuylkill County residents who are graduates of LCCC through the John and Dorothy Morgan Center for Higher Learning, and who wish to pursue their education at Kutztown University, Bloomsburg University, East Stroudsburg University or other such institution that is part of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).
Paid to an approved institution for tuition and fees for a maximum of four semesters. The Scheller Family Foundation scholarship is “last in” financial aid, and shall cover only that portion of a qualified awardees tuition and fees not covered by federal and state aid, excepting student loans.
- Must be a current Schuylkill County resident AND
- Have been a Schuylkill County resident during attendance and graduation from LCCC
- Must be a recent graduate, or plan on graduating in the current year
- Have earned or will earn either an Assoc. of Arts and/or Assoc. of Applied Science from one of the full degree programs offered at LCCC
- Have a GPA of 3.0 minimum
- Applicants must demonstrate a financial need by completing a FAFSA prior to April 1 and for each year in which they will receive the scholarship to the school they are attending after LCCC.
- Must be accepted by an institution of Pennsylvania State System of High Education (PASSHE)
- Student must be accepted to a program of study for a baccalaureate degree that can be completed in a maximum of two years (Full time, four semesters. Summer and inter-sessions not included)
- Application must include a copy of the Letter of Acceptance from the institution
- Applicant must consent to release of financial aid and transcript information to the LCCC Foundation for purposes of determining continuing eligibility
- Provide the Foundation, and keep current, email and telephone contact information once student has begun at the institution
- Participate in a work study at the University each semester. (A part time or full-time job is equivalent to work study)
- Agree in advance if the student withdraws from classes, the refund will be sent directly to the LCCC Foundation.
- Does not include LCCC Certificate programs
- Applicants must be resident of Schuylkill County and have been a Schuylkill County resident during attendance and graduation at LCCC.
Download and save the application. Email the completed application to:
email@example.com with “Scheller Family” in the subject line
Mail the completed application to:
Attn: Scheller Family
4525 Education Park Drive
Schnecksville, PA 18078
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Contact LCCC Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-799-1711.