Health Information Technology A.A.S. (HIT)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
The Health Information Management accreditor of Lehigh Carbon Community College is the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM). The College’s accreditation for the associate degree in Health Information Technology has been reaffirmed through 2020. All inquiries about the program’s accreditation status should be directed by mail to CAHIIM, 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601; by phone at 312.235.3255; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program focuses on automated health information processing, reporting, and retrieval. Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to read and objectively analyze medical records and other related health data, supervise functional areas of the medical record department, and act effectively and efficiently in any institution that handles health care data.
Health Information Technician Program Mission Statement
The Health Information Technology program prepares students for employment as health information technicians in a variety of healthcare settings. Students are provided with a core knowledge base and through high quality-learning experiences develop skills in coding, clinical documentation, electronic record, data analytics and other related topics relevant to the current healthcare environment. The program provides the knowledge and skill-based competencies required for successful completion of the national certification exam.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates:
- will be able to demonstrate ability to meet AHIMA entry-level competencies.
- who successfully complete the HIT program may apply to the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) for eligibility to take the national accreditation exam to earn RHIT credentials.
- will be able to take an active role in local, state, and national health information management associations.
- will be able to practice competently as health information technicians in professional entry-level employment in various types of healthcare settings.
|Sponsored district of LCCC
|Other PA resident
|Out-of-state or international
|Resident of Schuylkill County
|Registered Health Information Technician Exam
||Pass Rate Average
This percentage is based on the College Wide Survey Report by Program
- Employment Rate: 88% employment within one year post graduation within the 2019-2020 year.
- Graduation Rate: 95% graduation rate within the 2019-2020 year.
- Student Satisfaction Rate: 100% student satisfaction within the 2019-2020 year.