Health Care Office Coordinator A.A.S. (HCO)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
This program provides the foundation for a health care coordinator to be able to effectively organize and oversee medical office workflow and processes in any health care setting. It addresses the principles of planning and management, documentation, revenue cycle functions, and health laws as it relates to privacy and confidentiality, budgeting and data analysis. The student will also aquire the skills necessary for analytical and critical thinking as well as problem solving.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• apply effective communication and critical thinking skills.
• demonstrate an understanding of the revenue cycle as it impacts workflow and reimbursement.
• demonstrate an understanding of documentation requirements as it relates to maintain the accuracy and integrity of health data.
• demonstrate an understanding with all laws and regulations related to coding and reimbursement.
• demonstrate an understanding of privacy, confidentiality and security of protected health information.