Electrical Technology Certificate (ELTC)
This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.
This program is designed to prepare the student for entry-level employment as an electrical/electronic maintenance technician. Students are provided with knowledge and experiences in the areas of electrical wiring, blueprint reading, basic and industrial electronics, programmable controllers, and industrial control systems. The program also provides individuals with an opportunity to update their technical knowledge and skills with training and experiences using state-of-the-art high technology equipment.
All courses in the program may be applied to the Associate in Applied Science degree in Electrical Technology.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- operate and program programmable logic controllers.
- hardwire electromechanical circuits from ladder diagrams.
- plan selected electrical installations as required on residential construction.
- design ladder diagrams to provide specific logic functions for a given industrial control problem.
- demonstrate effective communication skills by writing technical reports based on their laboratory experiences.
- demonstrate critical thinking/problem solving abilities by analyzing a nonfunctioning electrical circuit, determining the problem and restoring circuit operation.
- demonstrate interpersonal relations, teamwork and work ethics through group laboratory projects.
- demonstrate an ability to use and apply mathematical quantitative reasoning to design basic functional electronic circuits.
- demonstrate an ability to use and work with computers by writing laboratory reports using a word processing package.
- demonstrate use of computer software packages by simulating circuit operations and obtaining valid circuit parameters.
- Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
Electrical Technology (Certificate)
Approximate Cost of Program
|Sponsored district of LCCC
|Other PA resident
|Out-of-state or international
|Resident of Schuylkill County
- On-Campus Room & Board: Not Offered
- More cost information can be found here: Tuition & Fees
Length of Program
Intended time to complete: 24 months