LCCC Tamaqua Hosts Entrepreneurship Reception March 10, 2016
published Friday, March 4, 2016
Lehigh Carbon Community College’s Business Enterprise Center will host a reception to welcome Dr. Rebecca Corbin, president and CEO of the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurs, who will be at LCCC’s Morgan Center in Tamaqua at 1 p.m., Thursday, March 10. The event, entitled “Creating Economic Vitality Through Entrepreneurship,” will also include remarks from Senator Dave Argall and Representative Jerry Knowles.
Dr. Corbin will discuss the five steps that are crucial for community colleges to advance entrepreneurship in their communities:
- Create or expand internal and external teams dedicated to entrepreneurship
- Increase entrepreneurs’ engagement in community colleges
- Engage in industry cluster development
- Leverage both community college and community assets to spur innovation and job creation
- Create buzz and broad exposure of your college’s commitment to entrepreneurship
At 1:30 p.m., Dr. Corbin will present LCCC president Dr. Ann D. Bieber with a proclamation recognizing the college’s work to support entrepreneurship. A reception will follow.
The public is invited to the ceremony and reception. For more information, contact Richard Warner, professor of business/entrepreneurial studies and project director for the Business Enterprise Center, at email@example.com or 610-799-1032; or Larissa M. Verta, associate academic dean, firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-668-6880.