LCCC Receives Grant to Provide CDL Training Veteran Scholarships
published Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Lehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC) has received a grant through the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) to provide training scholarships for veterans, spouses and children of veterans, including those in the National Guard and Reservists.
The funding will cover full tuition for CDL Class A licensing, which is a 172-hour course. Weekday or weekend programs are available at LCCC’s main campus in Schnecksville. Requirements include:
- Current driver’s license
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass a DOT physical and a DOT drug test administered by an LCCC approved physician (tuition covers this visit)
- Must show proof of an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and provide criminal history records that will be reviewed at time of interview/CDL tour
- Military persons must show proof of military service including DD-214 or 215, DD-256 or NGB Form 22
- Family members must show proof of relationship to military service member, such as birth certificate or marriage license
There are a limited number of full tuition scholarships available, and training must be completed by September 30, 2021. For more information about LCCC’s CDL program, visit www.lccc.edu/cdl.
For additional information about this veteran scholarship, contact CDL Admissions Representative Jack Bruer at 610-799-1704 or email@example.com
, or Julie Trumbauer, LCCC Workforce Coordinator, at 610-799-1942 or firstname.lastname@example.org