Part-Time Non-Credit ESL Instructor Literacy*
Date Position is Open
Noncredit ESL instructors to deliver instruction within our grant funded, fee based, or contracted classes. Instructors are needed for both daytime and evening classes. Instructors report to the Assistant Director of Literacy.
*May be contingent on grant funding, contracts, or adequate enrollment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Instructs Noncredit ESL courses either in person, hybrid, or online in accordance with LCCC standards and grant/contract specifications where appropriate
- Maintains student work
- Completes professional development training in accordance with LCCC standards and grant
- Maintains clear records on programs, both for students and program review
- Plans teaching strategies and activities that are appropriate for adult learners
- Provides linkage for students to progress from one educational program to another
- Aids in meeting special needs of students
- Counsels and advises students on an as-needed basis
- Conducts standardized testing (post) on each student
- Motivates and encourages students
- Keeps current on adult education by attending conferences and meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned by the assistant director
Bachelor’s degree in Education or appropriate field. Experience working with a diversity of people in an educational setting. Ability to exercise independent judgment and to work cooperatively in stressful situations.
Please send letter of interest, resume, and transcripts via email to Allison Ludlow, Assistant Director of Literacy at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact 610-799-1216.