Instructor or Assistant Professor of Health Information Technology and Coordinator
Date Position is Open
Instructor Rank - $40,000 to $52,619
Assistant Professor Rank - $41,364 to $56,207
This position will involve teaching a variety of face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses in automated health information processing management. The position reports to the Dean of Healthcare Sciences, Aviation, Mathematics, & Science and serves as faculty coordinator.
Salary is restricted to posted range and will not exceed the maximum of the range. Salary offers are non negotiable and offers are determined and are based upon related work experience submitted on resume.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Recommends changes to the instructional programs and curricula as required.
- Keeps and submits appropriate academic records.
- Maintains instructional effectiveness by ongoing self-evaluation and incorporating current developments in instructional and learning strategies.
- Teaches courses in accordance with the master course outline and within the schedule of classes.
- Assists librarians in keeping the College collections and services current.
- Assists the College in keeping technology, facilities, and equipment current.
- Plans with the assistance of the Dean, Associate Academic Dean, or Director, to insure availability of supplies, textbooks, and classroom equipment requisite to the successful teaching of assigned classes.
- Maintains regular office hours, as approved by the Dean, Associate Academic Dean, or Director, for consultation with students.
- Serves as faculty advisor to student organizations (voluntary).
- Serves as a faculty advisor to students in their program of study.
- Recruits students for programs of study.
- Participates in academic audits, assessments, an dall accreditation regulations.
- Manages and completes all accreditation compliance paperwork and self study documentation.
- Assists in preparation of budgets for submission to the Dean, Associate Academic Dean, or Director.
- Assists in preparation of academic schedules for submission to the Dean, Associate Academic Dean, or Director.
- Serves on College committees and advisory boards.
- Where appropriate, makes recommendations to the Dean, Associate Academic Dean, or Director on staffing courses.
- Works with Dean, Associate Academic Dean, or Director and fellow faculty including adjuncts to maintain academic standards and integrity.
- Works with new faculty in the area.
- Actively participates in faculty development activities.
- In addition to College-sponsored development activities, maintains professional development and stays current in his/her field of study.
- Works with counselors, advisors, and other College staff in responding to student needs.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Discharges those additional duties normally and customarily associated with College faculty.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the field of Health Information Management or Health Administration.
- Foreign degrees – must provide a US equivalency report of your degree credentials with your transcript, if not, your resume will not be accepted.
- Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting)
- Must be certified as a registered health information technician (RHIT) or registered health information administrator (RHIA).
- Must be proficient in ICD-10, CPT Coding, and Clinical Documentation Improvement.
- Teaching experience.
- Familiarity with mission of comprehensive community college.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
- Teaching experience in a community college health information technology program.
- Experience in the development of curriculum and course materials.
- Experience teaching in a virtual classroom fully utilizing an electronics, learning management system.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
LCCC Internal candidates must apply within 15 days of posting.
LCCC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates.