FT Custodian (3 Positions)
Date Position is Open
40 hours per week, Mon-Thurs 2:00-10:00 Fri 10:00-6:00
$13.46 - $17.85/hour
Assists in the maintenance of the college’s buildings, grounds, and equipment. Must be able to work other shifts if needed.
Salary is restricted to above range and will not exceed the maximum of the range. Salary offers are non negotiable and offers are determined and are based upon related work experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleans all assigned areas.
- Removes all trash and garbage.
- Refurbishes all floors.
- Removes snow and ice on walkways in assigned areas.
- Maintains closet and inventory of supplies in assigned area.
- Replaces lamps in light fixtures.
- Assists with summer cleaning program.
- Be available to work Saturdays and overtime when needed.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Foreign degrees – must provide a US equivalency report of your degree credentials with your transcript, if not, your resume will not be accepted.
- Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting)
- Cleaning experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment.
- General knowledge of cleaning skills.
- Must have knowledge of cleaning chemicals and how to apply them.
- Ability and knowledge to operate all custodial equipment needs of the college.
- Flexible work schedule to include overtime as needed, subject to change for summer cleaning and snow removal.
- Reliable means of transportation, especially during bad weather conditions.
- Understand the proper methods of mixing chemical supplies as per the Workers and Community Right-to-Know Act.
Recommended Soft Skills:
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, the public, and coworkers.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
LCCC Internal candidates: Must apply within 15 days of posting.
LCCC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates.