SummaryLehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC) is awarded a five-year, $1 million grant by the National Science Foundation under the S-STEM program, which is designed to give opportunity to students in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields. The cohort will participate in discipline related activities, receive support services that contribute to career and college readiness, meet with faculty mentors. Also, to prepare students for STEM workforce, training will be provided to create e-portfolio showcasing their goals, reflections and achievements.
Amount Potential to receive up to $5,000 in scholarships per year
Students will be required to meet the following criteria to be eligible for an S-STEM scholarship:
- U.S. citizen or national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien
- full-time enrollment (minimum of 12 credits each semester) in one of the eligible STEM programs
- low-income (Pell grant recipient) and demonstrate financial need as defined by the U.S. Department of Education rules for need-based federal student aid
- academic potential or ability as demonstrated by:
- acceptable scores on the SAT, ACT, or the college’s placement test – for entering students
- cumulative GPA of 2.8 or greater on a 4.0 scale by the end of the first semester – for current students
- cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater by the end of the second semester and throughout the student’s program of study for continued participation
Students must be enrolled in one of 25 STEM programs
Please fill out the online application and submit a one-page essay clicking the Apply Now button below.
If you have questions or would like further information, contact: