SummaryStudents enrolled in one of 25 STEM programs at Lehigh Carbon Community College have the opportunity to receive up to $5,000 in scholarships per year through a new five-year, $1 million grant from the National Science Foundation. The Scholarships in STEM (S-STEM) program is designed to give opportunities to students in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields and encourage them pursue these promising careers.
As part of this new scholarship program, students will:
Participate in activities related to their area of study,
Receive support services that help prepare them for college and career,
Work with faculty mentors who will guide them and promote their success,
Prepare for the STEM workforce by creating an online portfolio showcasing their goals, reflections and achievements.
Amount Eligible students can receive up to $5,000 in scholarships per year (up to $2,500 per semester).
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for an S-STEM scholarship:
- U.S. citizen or national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien,
- Full-time enrollment (minimum of 12 credits each semester) in one of the eligible STEM programs,
- Low income (Pell grant recipient) and demonstrate financial need as defined by the U.S. Department of Education rules for need-based federal student aid,
- Academic potential or ability as demonstrated by:
- For entering students: Acceptable scores on the SAT, ACT or the college’s placement test
- For current students: Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or greater on a 4.0 scale by the end of the first semester
- For continued participation: Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater by the end of the second semester and throughout the student’s program of study
Students must be enrolled in one of 25 STEM programs
Application DeadlineDeadline for Fall semester : June 30
Deadline for Spring semester: December 10
Applications submitted after the deadline, will be considered for the following semester.
Please note: You will need your myLCCC username and password to log in and complete the scholarship application. These can be found in the acceptance letter email that you received from LCCC.
Please Attach a short essay (no more than one page) on your reasons for choosing this area of study with a description of your educational and career goals. Your application will not be reviewed if the essay is missing.
If you have questions or would like further information, contact: