Student Employment Program
The goal of the LCCC Student Employment Program is to assist students in finding part-time employment at the college that will enable them to learn and practice valuable work-related skills while assisting them in meeting educationally related expenses.
Student employment is more than a job. It is an experience which involves a commitment as well as interaction with the LCCC community. Student employees are highly valued by faculty, staff, and students. This hands-on work experience provides a well-rounded education for the student, and also establishes a foundation upon which future employment/career goals can be built.
All Student Employees will be processed through the Career Development Center (CDC).
- To be eligible for the Student Employment program students must be currently enrolled in classes for a minimum of 6 credits during the semester for which he or she is hired (including summer). Students must be in good standing and have a minimum GPA of 2.0. (Some positions may have higher GPA requirements).
- Students must have completed a FAFSA form for the current academic year.
- Students must complete an Application for Employment to be considered for any openings. Blank applications are available at the Career Development Center.
- Students currently employed who will be rehired for the next semester do not need to complete a new application.
- Students must complete: PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34), PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151), and FBI Federal Criminal Clearance - Fingerprinting (Act 114) as required by PA Act 153
- All student employees are required to attend at least one Career Development event or workshop per semester. These workshops are designed to enhance workplace knowledge and skills.
A complete list of student employment job openings is available at the Career Development Center in SSC 4 or via the LCCC Cougar CLAW. Students interested in applying for available positions must complete an application.