Academic Restart Policy
The Academic Restart policy only pertains to LCCC GPA and credits. It does not erase the student’s complete academic history: the student’s transcript will continue to list courses that were previously attempted, but will no longer use them to calculate GPA or to meet degree or program requirements. It also has no effect on a student’s financial aid history. In accordance with federal and state student aid regulations, students will not be relieved of academic progress requirements for financial aid eligibility, even if restart approval is granted.
- The student has not been enrolled at LCCC for at least three consecutive years.
- The student has never been granted academic restart.
- Restart must occur within the first year of returning to the college.
Academic Restart Process
- Any student interested in beginning this process must first return to LCCC, enrolling in at least 3 credits during their first semester back. Students who have been dismissed from the college for academic reasons must complete the Academic Reinstatement process and be approved for reinstatement to enroll.
- During the first semester of their return, they must receive a GPA of 2.0 or higher. Registration/Student Records LCCC.edu | 2022–2023 Catalog 39
- To complete this process, they must complete and submit the Application for Academic Restart no later than the conclusion of the semester that follows their successful return.
Academic Restart Institutional / Student Expectations
Upon students completing the Academic Restart contact form, an Academic Advisor should contact the student to discuss their questions.
Once an application is received from a student, it should be reviewed and approved by the Dean of Accreditation, Compliance, Curriculum, and Assessment. The form is then given to the Director of Registration and Student Records who reviews the application.
Academic Advising, Success Coaches and Educational Support Services should be notified of the received application so they can provide support to the student throughout the semester.
Once the application is accepted, it is filed in the Academic Restart File located in the Director of Registration’s office.
All received Academic Restart applications will be reviewed during end of semester processing.
- Students who have successfully completed 3 credits with a minimum GPA of 2.0 will have their Academic Restart processed by the Director of Registration and Student Records. Students will receive a letter and official transcript once their restart is processed.
- Students who receive all final grades of W or F in their first return semester will need to reapply in a future semester.
- Students who submit applications prior to course enrollment will have their applications held for one academic year, at which point if they have not successfully completed 3 credits, their application will be denied and they will need to reapply in a future semester.
Interested students may obtain the Academic Restart Application at the Registration/Student Records Office or by downloading it below.
Academic Restart Application
Please note: You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this document.