Parents & Families Commencement Information
Prior to Ceremony
- If you need ADA accommodations, please contact the Office of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seating: Accessible seating is available on all seating levels of the PPL Center. A limited number of accessible seating tickets can be requested on the ticket website for individuals in wheelchairs. Limited mobility seats will not have tickets and will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Sign Language Interpreter: A sign language interpreter is hired for the duration of the Commencement Ceremony.
- Make lunch or dinner plans to celebrate. City Center and Downtown Allentown retailers and restaurants are offering discounts for graduates and their families. More information is available here.
- Parking is available in multiple locations for PPL Center events through the Allentown Parking Authority. Parking in the attached deck will be $6. Most street parking meters accept payment by credit card or coins. Garage parking requires payment by cash or credit card. PPL Directions and Parking Information
Guest Check In
- A ticket is required for seating at the PPL Center for everyone ages 2 and older.
- Although tickets are required to enter the PPL Center, seating is unassigned and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests should refrain from saving seats and please respect signage for reserved and accessible seating areas.
- Families and guests may enter through any entrance starting 1 hour prior to the event.
- All attendees will pass through metal detection/wanding prior to entering the Giant Center. View the PPL Center’s Bag & Purse Policy.
Commencement Program and Other Mementos
- Guests will receive a Commencement program upon entrance to the PPL Center.
- Flowers and Commencement mementos will be for sale in the concourse area.
- There will be food concession stands. Water will be available for sale.
- The Giant Center is a cashless venue. All major credit cards are accepted.
After the Ceremony
- Guests and graduates are not permitted to remain inside of the PPL Center after the Commencement Ceremony concludes. Guests must meet their graduate at one of the entrances or other pre-determined meeting spot.