Graduate Commencement Information
Prior to Ceremony
- In order to attend, you must complete the invite/RSVP form available beginning in mid-February.
Order Cap and Gown
- Student regalia sets are required for participants. Caps & gowns are only provided to those students attending the Commencement Ceremony. There is no cost for your cap and gown.
- Due to continued shipping delays being experienced, the Bookstore has placed a bulk order for caps & gowns.
- If you are to receive Honor Cords, please check with your department or faculty advisor as they may be provided.
Invite Family and Friends
- You may invite up to 10 guests to the ceremony. A ticket is required for seating at the PPL Center for everyone ages 2 and older. Graduates do not need tickets for themselves.
- Although tickets are required to enter the PPL Center, seating is unassigned and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests should refrain from saving seats and please respect signage for reserved and accessible seating areas.
- Families and guests may enter through any entrance starting 1 hour prior to the event.
- Make lunch or dinner plans to celebrate your achievement. City Center and Downtown Allentown retailers and restaurants are offering discounts for graduates and their families. More information is available here.
- If you or your guests need ADA accommodations, please contact the Office of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seating: Accessible seating is available on all seating levels of the PPL Center. A limited number of accessible seating tickets can be requested on the ticket website for individuals in wheelchairs. Limited mobility seats will not have tickets and will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Sign Language Interpreter: A sign language interpreter is hired for the duration of the Commencement Ceremony.
- Parking is available in multiple locations for PPL Center events through the Allentown Parking Authority. Parking in the attached deck will be $6. Most street parking meters accept payment by credit card or coins. Garage parking requires payment by cash or credit card. PPL Directions and Parking Information
Student Check In
- Graduates should plan to arrive at the Air Products Gate starting at 5:00 p.m. You must arrive no later than 6:15 p.m. Click here to view the arena map.
- You will receive a name card that you will hold onto during the ceremony to have your name called.
- DO NOT BRING COATS, PURSES OR OTHER VALUABLES. There is not a place to store your items at the PPL Center. View the PPL Center's Bag & Purse Policy.
- We also ask that all cell phones are turned off or silenced during the ceremony unless there is an emergency
- Please do not wear shoes that may make walking stairs difficult.
- All attendees will pass through metal detection/wanding prior to entering the Giant Center. View the PPL Center's Bag & Purse Policy.
- Professional photography services will be available before and during the ceremony. You will have your picture taken as you exit the stage.
- Students are under no obligation to purchase the photo proof that will be sent to them.
- The photographs will be available on GradImages. Allow 7-10 business days to view YOUR images.
- Informal photos will be available on LCCC’s social media.
Commencement Program and Other Mementos
- Students will receive a Commencement program book on their seat.
- Guests will receive a Commencement program upon entrance to the PPL Center.
- Flowers and Commencement mementos will be for sale in the concourse area.
During the Ceremony
- Students should pay close attention for instructions during the entire ceremony.
- Students will be asked during the ceremony to walk on stage to receive their “Intent to graduate” letter with a diploma cover.
- Students need to remain seated during the ceremony unless directed by a ceremony volunteer.
- ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN AND PARTICIPATE IN THE ENTIRE CEREMONY.
After the Ceremony
- Guests and graduates are not permitted to remain inside of the PPL Center after the Commencement Ceremony concludes. Graduates will need to immediately exit the arena. Guests must meet their graduate at one of the entrances or other pre-determined meeting spot.