Veterans Education & Enrollment

Veterans Benefits

Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 "GI Bill®"), Chapter 31 (Disabled Veterans), Chapter 30 (Honorably Discharged), Reservists (Chapter 1606) and 100% Tuition Paid (National Guard) are several examples of the programs that the government has created to assist veterans in their pursuit of higher education. Veterans are encouraged to apply for benefits as soon as possible, as it may take up to 20 weeks for the Department of Veterans Affairs to process. Applicants for benefits may apply online through the "GI Bill®"website at


  • Apply for admission to the college and follow procedures to register for classes.
  • Complete the Department of Veterans Affairs and college documents as obtained from the Certifying Official in Registration/Student Records.

Eligible dependents of deceased or 100% service-connected disabled veterans are required to follow the same procedures in order to apply for benefits.

Veteran's Office Certification Information Form

Veteran's Office Certification Information Form (PDF)

For more information on veterans benefits contact:

Diane Stanus
Registration/Student Records (SSC 122) 
Phone: 610-799-1177


Credit for Military Experience

By submitting their official military transcripts, veterans can have previous military experience and/or USAFI courses evaluated for college credit. The college evaluates previous military training in accordance with the recommendations of the American Council on Education, ACE, through the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Forces. Validated records of training programs or military courses must be submitted to begin this process. In some cases, validated records are not received by ACE and therefore credits may not be able to be awarded.  Military records are evaluated based on the student's LCCC major.  Our evaluation can take a week or two from the time we receive it.  You will receive a notice sent to your LCCC student email account when this evaluation is complete.  

Click on the appropriate link to find out how to have your official military transcript sent to LCCC:

If you have completed courses through another college and/or CLEP and DANTES exams, official records from each institution or examination agency must be sent to LCCC.

Additional Resources for College Selection

The College Scorecard -  

The College Navigator -

"Paying for College" -

Financial Aid Shopping Sheet -