Military Benefits

Tuition Assistance
The Army Continuing Education System launched a tuition assistance automation project that allows soldiers to request tuition assistance and enroll in online courses. Visit to apply and get more information
Transfer of Entitlement
Active duty veterans may qualify to transfer entitlement to dependents. The veteran determines the number of months to be transferred to each family member. The Transfer of Entitlement application is filled out through the veteran’s e-Benefit account. Then each recipient must fill out an application for Ch. 33 or Post 911 to utilize the benefit.
Forever GI Bill® 
The law removes the time limitation for the use of Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits for individuals whose last discharge or release from active duty is on or after Jan. 1, 2013, children of deceased service members who first become entitled to Post-9/11 GI Bill® program benefits on or after Jan. 1, 2013, and all Fry spouses. All others remain subject to the current 15-year time limitation for using their Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits.
How to Apply for Montgomery GI Benefits
First, determine what chapter you qualify for:
Chapter 30: You are eligible if you enlisted after July 1, 1985, as an active duty soldier; you have an honorable discharge; and you have not exceeded the 10-year delimiting date.
Chapter 31: Veterans who suffered a service-connected disability while on active duty and need vocational rehabilitation because of this disability may be eligible for benefits for education benefits. Contact the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Service office at 215-842-2000 for more information.
Chapter 33: Post-9/11 GI Bill®, effective August 2009 for all Active Duty, Reservists and National Guardsmen who have served on active duty for more than 90 days since 9/11/2001. Based on time served, entitlement ranges from 40% to 100% toward tuition payment, and based on the number of credits you are carrying a housing and book stipend are also paid directly to the veteran.
Chapter 35: Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance for dependents of veterans (spouses and children ages 18-26) are eligible if the veteran has a 100% service connected disability or the veteran's death was service connected.
Frye Scholarship: To qualify, you must be a surviving spouse or children of service members who died in the line of duty after Sept 10, 2001. This benefit is an amendment to the Post-911 GI Bill®.
Chapter 1606: You are eligible if you incurred a six-year enlistment in the Selected Reserves or National Guard after July 1, 1985; completed the initial active duty training; are serving in good standing of your unit; and you have not passed the 14-year delimiting date.
Chapter 1607: Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) for members of Selected Reserves or National Guard units who were called to active duty for at least 90 days after Sept. 11, 2001, in response to a war or national emergency as declared by the president or Congress.
Apply for the most appropriate benefit through your e-Benefits account or by going to the VA website. Regardless of chapter or status, you should complete the FAFSA every year to apply for financial aid. Members of the National Guard or Reserves (Chapter 1606) are not defined as a veteran if activated for training only.
Maintaining Your Eligibility
To maintain your eligibility for Veterans benefits and financial aid, an undergraduate must maintain a GPA of 1.7 as a freshman and a 2.0 as a sophomore.  Every semester, a Certificate of Eligibility form must be submitted to the School Certifying Official, Diane Stanus to maintain your eligibility to receive military benefits.  Questions regarding your VA educational benefits should be directed to Diane Stanus at 610-799-1177 or via email at

GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at