International Application-Change of Status
Checklist and instructions for students interested in applying for a change of their current visa status to F1. Please print the checklist and return it along with your application packet, it will help ensure that you haven't missed anything.
A. Application For Admission - This document must be printed and sent along with all documents from both Affidavit of Support forms (letter B below), to the International Student Advisor.
B. Financial Resource Statement-Affidavit of Support - You must print two (pages 1 and 2) per sponsor. This document must be printed and sent along with all documents from letter A above to the International Student Advisor.
- Students with F1 Visas are not permitted unauthorized employment; therefore their sponsor is required to provide enough evidence to prove the student will not need to work for the duration of their studies.
- Two affidavits of support forms MUST be printed for each financial sponsor. If you only have one person providing all support to you, then you need only print two forms, front and back. If one sponsor is providing housing and another is providing monetary funds, then you must print four pages, front and back.
- Your financial sponsor must provide evidence that there are sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for your first year (approximately $30,000) and sufficient income to cover the duration of your studies here in the U.S. Proof, in the form of tax and salary information and a bank statement(s), is required.
- Approximately $11,000 for tuition for one academic year (Effective Fall 2016).
- Approximately $17,400 for housing, food, books and other supplies (this is a very low amount).
- Approximately $2,000 for Health insurance.
- On the second page of each Affidavit is a space to for the financial sponsor's signature stating he/she is accepting financial responsibility for the student. If you are unsure what this means, please email the international student advisor for clarification before sending your packet; your application will not be accepted without it.
- One copy is kept in the student's file at LCCC, and the second one is returned to the student with the I-20 to provide evidence to the consular official.
- All documents submitted must be in English and in U.S. dollars.
C. High School and College Transcripts
- In order to meet our credit-level ESL courses, students should have about two years of English language studies completed. A copy of your high school transcript in English, showing English studies, is sufficient.
- Some majors at LCCC require an official high school transcript, which means students must have their credentials evaluated by a foreign credential agency.
- Students who have completed college-level credits at a university outside the U.S. may be able to have some of those credits transferred to their LCCC record. To do so, students must use a credential evaluation agency such as World Evaluation Services.
D. Tuition Deposit and Application Fee
- As part of the application packet, prospective international students must submit a tuition deposit of $1,650 and an application fee of $30. This deposit is almost one-third of a semester's tuition.
- It will be deducted from your first semester's tuition bill once you arrive and register for classes.
- In the event that you choose not to attend LCCC or your visa application has been denied, simply contact the international student advisor and inform her that a refund will be required; you will also need to return your I-20. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Checks must be drawn from a U.S. bank and be payable in U.S. dollars to LCCC.
E. Only completed applications will be accepted.
Once you have printed all of the above documents and compiled all required documents and tuition deposit funds, you should send the packet to the International Student Advisor. You can also request to deliver them in person by emailing Cflores@lccc.edu and requesting an appointment.
International Student Advisor, SSC 4-H, 4525 Education Park Drive, Schnecksville, Pa. 18078
If accepted, the International Student Advisor will then assist you in preparing the documents required to Change of Status to F1 visa.