Medical Assistant Program Steps to Admission
1. Apply to LCCC for admission by completing the online Application for Admissions
2. Read all Medical Assistant Program
information, the Student Handbook and Observation Verification Form requirements.
3. Complete all LCCC placement testing by registering through the LCCC Testing Center.
Successfully complete any necessary developmental classes or provide documentation of current enrollment. (See Advising Office for verification of testing exemption, if applicable.)
4. Schedule an appointment with a School of Healthcare Academic Advisor (email@example.com
or 610-799-1137) to review program requirements and the application process.
5. Submit all official transcripts from any college or technical school you have attended to the Registrar at Main Campus for transfer credit evaluation
prior to application deadline.
6. Complete and submit Application for Admission to Medical Assistant Program
prior to May 1.
7. Complete eight hours of observation at a medical office and submit the Observation Verification Form
. Applicants are responsible to secure observation site.
8. If you have keyboarding placement skills, schedule to take the level one Keyboarding test at the LCCC Testing Center
. Upon successfully passing level one, you may register to be notified of the "Full Keyboarding Exam" date. Students successfully passing may be given credit for required keyboarding classes. A fee is assessed by the college to grant credit hours to your transcript
9. ADMISSION NOTIFICATION: Applicants will be notified via email (check username@mymail.LCCC.edu) within one month of application deadline. Those accepted into the program will be invited to a mandatory Orientation program prior to the Fall Semester.