Educational Plan for Fall 2020
A Message from President, Dr. Ann Bieber
Message from Larissa Verta, Vice President for Academic Services and Student Development
Over the past few months, we have confronted the challenges of a global pandemic and the nation’s anger over racism and injustice. But in the midst of uncertainty, Lehigh Carbon Community College has maintained a safe and healthy community, valuing individuals’ unique and diverse qualities.
We recognize the need for creative approaches to academic and student support services, especially as we address unprecedented changes. This academic year the majority of coursework and student support services are offered in an online or remote format to support the health and safety of students, faculty and staff. A select number of courses will be offered face to face.
Despite the challenges we face, our commitment to students remains strong. Those of us in Academic Services and Student Development and throughout the college value the well-being and health of everyone in our college and community.
We spent many hours preparing for and developing instructional methods that support student learning. Support services offered remotely ensure that students have the tools they need to be successful, while maintaining social distance. During the COVID-19 shut-down, faculty responded quickly to make certain that students had quality instruction and services.
The commitment that faculty have for their disciplines and for the curriculum demonstrates their dedication to the well-being and learning of their students, and for each other.
LCCC Academics Fall 2020
Fall 2020 Credit Instruction Will Be Delivered Aug 22 – Dec 12, 2020
Course Formats: Online, Remote, Hybrid, Face-to-Face
Experience a Remote Classroom - Video
For a list of services available and the latest details visit the LCCC COVID-19 website.
Ceil Connelly-Weida, Ph.D., Dean, School of Business, Education, Legal, and Social Services; Interim Dean, School of Science, Aviation, Math, Engineering
Terri Keefe, M. Ed., Dean, School of Employer Engagement, Community, and Technical Education
Craig Koller, M.Ed., MBA, Allentown/Donley Center
- Academic Services is ready to serve your needs at 610-799-1587 or email at email@example.com or contact your Dean by phone or email
Dean, School of Health Care Sciences
Kelly Trahan, Ed. D., Dean, Online Learning
Melanie Turrano, M.A., Northern Tier
Dean, School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences; Interim Dean, Computer Science and Technology
Peggy Heim, M.S.W., Dean, Student Support and Success
Dorothy Collins, Ph.D., Associate Dean of Student Success
Brian DeLong, M.A., Director of Counseling and Community Standards
Karen Ladley, M.Ed., Associate Dean for Student Learning and Organizational Development (Disability Support Services, Tutoring Center)
- Student Support and Success includes those areas that assist our students in their journey to success.
- Classes will be delivered in a variety of instructional formats that will include remote, online, hybrid, or face-to-face.
- Beginning October 14, 2020, a series of face-to-face classes are available on the schedule.
- Fall 2020 Calendar
- Parts of Term (POT) – LCCC schedules courses for the full term or shorter weeks (10 weeks, 7 weeks, 5 weeks) by start dates other than the full term during the semester.
Academic Services is ready to serve your needs at 610-799-1587 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Dean by phone or email.
- Online Learning Courses Available
- To register for any of the following courses click here.
- Teaching Online with Canvas, Zoom and More - Ask Your Questions Mondays and Tuesdays at 3 p.m. click here.
- Join the Department of Online Learning to ask questions about Canvas and other online learning technologies such as Zoom, Turnitin, tools for captioning videos, etc. These sessions are designed to help you address the challenges of teaching online and provide solutions that result in the best outcomes for your online students.
- Teaching Learning Center courses