For LCCC students who would like to concentrate more seriously on academics, who are intellectually curious and highly motivated, the Honors Scholars program provides an academic focus that creates a strong foundation for further learning. Honors coursework challenges students to expand their intellectual, cultural and social horizons, and to become lifelong learners. The program is ideal for students who are willing to challenge their views, discuss their ideas and explore diverse perspectives.
The Honors Scholars program welcomes a limited number of qualified, full-time, first-year students who plan to graduate from LCCC and transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Full Scholarship*
- Rigorous course work
- Small class size
- Preparation for transfer to selective colleges
- Social and cultural activities
Course information for the Honors Scholars Program
Students have the option of applying to one of two tracks - Liberal Arts or Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM). Students accepted into one of the program tracks complete a minimum of 21 honors credits, which includes a few cohort classes that the group takes together. Other coursework is based on students' majors and transfer schools. Honors courses are selected to ensure that students will graduate on time. Please note: required Honors Scholars cohort courses for the Liberal Arts track include ENG 111 - Speech and PHI 201 - Introduction to Philosophy.
Eligibility for the Honors Scholars Program
To be considered for the program you must meet one of the following entrance criteria:
- A combined score of 1200 on your SAT test (Critical Reading and Math); or
- Standing in the top 10% of your class; or
- Placement on College Success of at least 107 in Reading, a 5 or 6 on the English essay or an 87 in English/Writing, and 107 in Math. STEM Track applicants must also pass the Chemistry placement test.
Students who meet one of the above criteria and plan to enroll full-time at LCCC for two years before transferring are encouraged to apply. Students must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for the current academic year by logging onto http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
Applying to the Honors Scholars Program
You may apply and have your references submitted online or by printing and mailing the forms below. Please note: if you apply online you will be asked to log in to your myLCCC account.
Honors Scholars Online Application
Please provide this link to your references: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Honors or print out the form below for them to complete.
Please note: You will need Adobe Reader to view and print these documents.
The Honors Scholars application, essay, and two references should be sent to:
Honors Scholars Program
4525 Education Park Drive
Schnecksville, PA 18078
Once all materials are received the selection committee reviews applications and invites selected applicants to campus for interviews.
All applicants to the program must attend an interview with members of the Honors Council. Interview dates are scheduled throughout the Spring semester, and in the Summer. We are a rolling admissions program and students are notified of acceptance decisions within a week of their interview date.
For more information on our Honors Scholars Program, call Admissions at 610-799-1575, or send an
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Honors scholarship will cover tuition and fees after all Federal Pell grants and institutional tuition only scholarships are applied. The scholarship is for sponsored tuition costs. Accepted students from nonsponsoring school districts are responsible for tuition differences. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be eligible for the scholarship each semester.