SHINE Budget Coordinator – LCCC Morgan Center – Grant
Date Position is Open
$45,026 - $58,566
Salary is restricted to above range and will not exceed the maximum of the range. Salary offers are non negotiable and offers are determined and are based upon related work experience submitted on resume.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the SHINE Afterschool Program, the Budget Coordinator will manage multiple lines of funding supporting SHINE activities across 14+ centers in nine school districts and at Career and Training Institute. The position requires: a) Performing basic, routine accounting functions on an automated accounting system to include verification of entries. b) Reviewing documents for accuracy, coding, distribution of accounts and adherence to regulations and policy; c) Preparing basic, routine financial reports, statements and projections on an automated accounting system or spreadsheet; d) Ensuring compliance with college, state, federal, and general funder guidelines; and e) Supporting the Program Director in maintaining effective use of grant funds. The work location is LCCC’s Tamaqua Site, the Morgan Center.
This position is contingent upon grant funding.
LCCC Internal candidates must apply within 15 days of posting.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript through our online application system at www.lccc.edu/jobs.
LCCC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage financial operations of multiple programs
- Yearly and monthly budgeting and forecasting
- Coding and processing of orders and invoices
- Communicate with center coordinators on supply needs and complete orders.
- Assist with year-end closing
- Support the preparation of budget materials including development of spreadsheets
- Collaborate with the Grants Office on budget development for grant proposals
- Prepare budget reports
- Work with program and project managers to develop the organization’s budget
- Combine the LCCC SHINE program budgets together into a consolidated organizational budget and review all funding requests
- Estimate future financial needs
- Oversee spending to ensure compliance with the budget and determine whether changes to funding levels are needed for certain programs
- Communicates with LCCC’s Finance Office and the LCCC Foundation to ensure timely submission of fiscal reports to funders and to ensure accuracy of fiscal recordkeeping
- Ensure funds are used according to a spending timeline to ensure all funds are used by the end of the grant period
- Draft budget revisions and amendments to communicate budget changes for approval from funders
- Maintain compliance in usage of grant funds
- Prepare contract documents to engage third party vendors
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited institution.
- Foreign degrees – must provide a US equivalency report of your degree credentials with your transcript, if not, your resume will not be accepted.
- Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting)
- Three years of experience in accounting, business or related field with relevant involvement in the management of program budgets.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge
- 501c3 nonprofit experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.