PT Office Assistant – SHINE Program
Date Position is Open
28 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (includes ½ hour non paid lunch)
$13.72 - $18.65 per hour
Provides secretarial support for all SHINE grant programs run by the Director of Carbon and Schuylkill Counties Educational Services. Coordinates daily tasks required to ensure that all programs under the SHINE grant run effectively. Performs duties with a minimum amount of supervision and a maximum amount of good judgment. Reports to the Director of Carbon and Schuylkill Counties Educational Services.
This position is contingent upon grant funding.
Salary is restricted to posted range and will not exceed the maximum of the range. Salary offers are non negotiable and offers are determined and are based upon related work experience submitted on resume.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide secretarial duties to support the SHINE grant.
- Responsible for coordinating transportation home for the children enrolled in the SHINE program in both Carbon and Schuylkill county elementary schools. This will include transportation to enrichment activities for children and adults.
- Provide and process all paperwork required for reimbursement to the school districts that are eligible for meal and transportation reimbursement by the state.
- Responsible for organization of SHINE enrichment activities, family meals, field trips, etc. for the after-school program.
- Responsible for cross-training and coordination between the Carbon County Right from the Start and the LCCC SHINE after-school program.
- Interfaces with registrar, enrollment services and affiliated staff to assure accurate reflection of course description and program activity.
- Maintains accurate program files, program registrations, confirmations, evaluations to ensure readiness of paperwork for audit.
- Develops, implements, and maintains program databases.
- Prepares reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) as directed or needed.
- Performs word processing and database functions.
- Receives calls and visitors, takes messages, provides information and/or directs them to appropriate staff.
- Phone interaction with training vendors, students, and clients as required.
- Assist with administering and paperwork for non-credit business and youth courses
- Maintains physical inventories, and assists with other clerical functions as required.
- Provide support to grant mangers in the fiscal aspects of their grants/contracts, including compliance, timelines and troubleshooting
- Will perform other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the after-school program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Foreign degrees – must provide a US equivalency report of your degree credentials with your transcript, if not, your resume will not be accepted.
- Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting)
- Demonstrated strong secretarial and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Intermediate to Advanced level Access and Excel skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to be cooperative, pleasant, and tactful.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Experience or knowledge of customer service.
- Ability to perform in a highly efficient manner while handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
LCCC Internal candidates must apply within 15 days of posting.
LCCC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates.