Director of Enterprise Applications
Date Position is Open
Salary is restricted to above range and will not exceed the maximum of the range. Salary offers are non negotiable and offers are determined and are based upon related work experience submitted on resume.
The Director of Enterprise Applications leads a team of six systems analysts, database administrators, and BI analysts implementing and maintaining the College’s portfolio of applications. Provide vision, leadership, direction and planning for enterprise services projects, data analytics, and initiatives related to operational support services. They will work closely with department leads across the campus, gaining an understanding of their objectives and goals. Key responsibilities include: strategic planning, project management, performance management, operational efficiencies, and development of the departmental budget.
LCCC Internal candidates must apply within 15 days of posting.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript through our online application system at www.lccc.edu/jobs.
LCCC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing all Enterprise level application maintenance and support.
- Leads and directs project management efforts within the Applications team.
- Serves as the lead expert regarding Ellucian products including Banner and other related applications and work processes.
- Performs analysis and problem solving to provide effective use of college information systems in support of client’s goals and objectives.
- Manages solutions pertaining to data integrity, upgrades and modifications to the ERP (Banner) System and application portfolio.
- Responsible for the timely completion of projects and resolutions of work orders.
- Provides education, support, vision and guidance on technology issues to the Information Technology department, the College, and various committees and projects.
- Manages relationships with major application vendors (Ellucian, Oracle, etc.).
- Works collaboratively with other directors and teams within the IT Department and critical customers across the College to understand their unique IT challenges and needs. Develops plans and strategies for meeting these customer expectations.
- Maintains close contact with the College community to ensure needs and expectations are being met.
- Works in concert with the Chief Information Security Officer to ensure that all of the institution’s data security and incident response policies are strictly followed.
- Prepares department budgets and monitors expenses.
- Provides support, direction and guidance to team members, supervising and coordinating their activities and assisting team members in reaching performance levels.
- Serves as a member of various college planning/advisory groups and committees as needed.
- Assists in the strategic planning for the future of information technology across the College and revising the technology refresh plan annually.
- Ensures documentation relevant to enterprise applications remain updated in the IT knowledge repository.
- Performs other duties as required in support of the IT Department or assigned by the CIO/CISO.
- Bachelor’s degree in related IT field from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Foreign degrees – must provide a US equivalency report of your degree credentials with your transcript, if not, your resume will not be accepted.
- Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting)
- Minimum of five years’ experience with an ERP application, including managing teams of technical professionals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in project management leading significant scope programs with multiple teams.
- Working technical knowledge of database architecture.
- Must have demonstrated capabilities of leading a team responsible for Database Administration, SQL, PL/SQL, other query tools and Linux based system administration.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of the technical and business issues surrounding data security and integrity, confidentiality, and the legal issues governing institutional information
- Must approach work with a high level of energy, motivation, persistence, and a positive attitude in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Must have the skills for attention to detail and ability to focus on quality assurance.
- Must be an effective project manager and highly consultative team leader/mentor.
- Must be well organized and an advocate of providing outstanding customer service to the institution’s user community.
- Must be adept at working with diverse populations and be able to communicate effectively with different levels of technical and professional expertise.
- Must be able to effectively guide/lead others in the successful completion of the tasks noted above.
- Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge
- Master’s degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience interacting and negotiating with technology vendors is strongly preferred as is responsibility for managing contracts.
- Extensive experience developing Change Management processes and procedures and/or a continuous improvement methodology.
- Industry certification such as PMP
- Educational setting experience serving the mission of the community college.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.