Financial Aid Operations and Technical Support Assistant
Date Position is Open
FT – 40 hours per week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
$16.90 - $27.33
The Financial Aid Operations and Technical Support Assistant assists the Associate Director of Financial Aid – Operations with the coordination and administration of various federal, state, institutional, and third-party student financial assistance programs. The position involves varied and complex duties subject to intense regulation and requires discretion, initiative, and attention to detail. This position works closely with the Banner/IT staff on various tasks including but not limited to report writing, Banner optimization and automation of financial aid processing.
This position is primarily location at the Main Campus in Schnecksville but may require travel to the other sites.
The Financial Aid Assistant is directly responsible to the Associate Director of Financial Aid – Operations.
Salary is restricted to posted range and will not exceed the maximum of the range. Salary offers are non negotiable and offers are determined and are based upon related work experience submitted on resume.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Technical Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with a variety of complex and technical duties involving Ellucian Banner administrative computing system and external constituents’ such as COD, NSLDS, FAA Access and AES/PHEAA.
- Responsible for administration and reconciliation of the PA State Grant and Special Program including working with the Information Technology staff to automate processing and certification.
- Assist with processes relative to Federal aid programs including but not limited to importing/exporting of files, entrance and exit interview processes, packaging, reconciliation and disbursement.
- Performs required verification reporting ensuring accuracy through the use of various queries and reports
- Review subsequent ISIR transactions for accuracy and conflicting information.
- Review assigned SAR C codes to ensure compliance.
- Performs program requirement and course substitution checks.
- Process required student communications.
- Assist with review of professional judgement cases including but not limited to SAP appeals, appeal continuations, dependency overrides and special circumstances.
- Assist the Associate Director – Operations in conjunction with the college’s information technology staff with optimization and automation of financial aid processes utilizing existing and new technologies including but not limited to Ellucian Banner, various reporting tools and 3rd party software.
- Performs specialized projects, duties, and/or functions as assigned by the Executive Director of Financial Aid that may include creating and running queries and reports using various reporting tools such as MS Access or Argos.
Lead Duties and Responsibilities
- Validates the accuracy of the PA State Grant eligibility checks performed by FT Financial Aid Assistants
- Assign and validate accuracy of various processing tasks for FT Financial Aid Assistants
- Monitor completion of verification of student records and assist with completion during peak processing times.
General Technical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides financial aid information to prospective students and parents as well as continuing students via email and telephone.
- Assist with customer service at the service window during peak times and on an as needed basis.
- Represents the office as-needed both internally and externally and assists with financial aid and financial literacy workshops & seminars.
- Assists students and prospective applicants with completion of any and all application forms, verification forms, and other paperwork needed to secure and maintain funding.
- Develops and maintains an operations manual for this position.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Associate Degree from an accredited institution.
- Foreign degrees – must provide a US equivalency report of your degree credentials with your transcript, if not, your resume will not be accepted.
- Act 153 Clearances (Act34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting)
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in financial aid in a higher education environment
- Experience with federal aid packaging & needs analysis
- Prior experience with Ellucian Banner or similar Student Information System software
- Demonstrated ability of utilizing software/technology along with experience with reporting tools such as Argos and MS Access
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors; teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, accuracy, analytical and problem solving skills, excellent organizational, written and oral skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
LCCC Internal candidates must apply within 15 days of posting.
LCCC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates.